Leadership is influence.
Leadership brings direction, change, strategy.
As a leader…guess what….the only person in your dept who can truly lead is you! No one else can!
Leaders must really lead! You’re not a leader unless someone is following!
Motivate, inspire, plan, organise, vision, empower, release, delegate, pray!
Leaders must prayerfully strategise and think God thoughts….
Leaders must ask questions…..
12 questions for leaders
I hope they will get you thinking…
- What works and what is no longer working?
- What do we need to put in place? (It could just be one thing!)
- What are our priorities for the year ahead particularly post lockdown?
- What do we need to become really intentional about?
- What one thing would change our team for the better?
- What can we do to freshens things up?
- What is hindering our growth?!
- What/who is the biggest hindrance to growth?!
- What can I delegate so that I can absolutely focus on my own area of gifting and what the team/ministry needs right now?
- Who has the potential to become my assistant leader? Who can I mentor?! (Leaders must equip & multiply leaders. NB: you are only truly a leader when you raise up leaders who can themselves raise up leaders! A larger church or business requires a larger structure!)
- What area do I need to learn and grow in? (Leaders are readers & listen to podcasts!)
- What goals should I set for this term/semester?
Phil Pringle: “If the church is to start growing in a greater growth mode, we must begin delegating the thousands of tasks that steal us from our primary calling for God.” (NB. This applies to a business too!)
If you’re a leader, in whatever sphere, why not take a few minutes to consider these questions.
Just one small change or extra bit of focus could change your life, career or ministry in an incredible way….
Saved as a favorite, I like your blog!
Thank you Jacek and all the best in the forthcoming election!
Really good stuff thanks! Lots to think about here!
Thanks Abby. Those questions certainly help me – I often review them. God bless!